Ollie needs help!
We’re looking for an assistant producer to join our small team for 16 hours per week on an initial six-month contract. We’re able to pay $25 per hour.
Ollie and his company – the imaginatively named Ollie Williams Media Ltd – create compelling video, manage social media, carry out research, host events, and do a bunch more creative things in Yellowknife and the Northwest Territories.
Our assistant producer will be the team’s administrative lead, making sure everything runs smoothly and things are well-planned. There is also a lot of room for our assistant producer to get involved in the fun stuff: if you know how to write, shoot, edit, or come up with ideas, you will get to do all of that – and we’ll offer some training, too. (However, it’s really important to emphasize that your main role is keeping on top of our admin. You should be a grade-A organizer of things and people.)
You must be Yellowknife-based and legally able to work here.
- Coordinating the team by taking charge of most administrative functions, like booking venues, organizing schedules, and responding to email enquiries.
- Assisting the team on-location at certain video shoots.
- Taking on tasks as assigned by our team: from assisting with social media management, or taking photos at events, through to compiling reports and conducting focus groups (and much more).
- Content production: shooting, editing, writing, and coming up with fun, creative ideas that make what we do even better.
- Helping us to identify and bid on work that fits in with what we do best.
At the moment we’re a small operation with two full-time staff and a lot of really interesting work happening. You will not be bored! (And you won’t have to worry about not getting enough hours.)
There is some flexibility to when you work, and you’ll be able to work from home, though you may be required to attend the office or functions/productions at certain times. (Equally, if you like, you can work here from the comfy sofa. There’s a puppy.)
- Ability to organize the heck out of anything.
- Excellent communicator. Warm, friendly, diplomatic, tactful, polite.
- Quick to pick up new things, and not afraid to work in a range of different fields.
- Media management experience nice to have: collecting and curating large quantities of images, footage, and other creative assets.
- Video editing experience nice to have, with either Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Any other media industry experience is considered an asset.
- 16 hours per week, $25 per hour.
- Six-month contract with potential for extension.
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter, along with anything else you think would be helpful for us to have, to email@example.com by the end of November 30, 2019.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in the first two weeks of December.